Summer Physical Education Class
Earn P.E. credit this summer in only 10 days!
Have your student join us for outdoor sports, fitness training, and a variety of lifetime sports while they also receive one quarter the high school P.E. credits required by the state. Have you ever wanted another choice to fulfill your P.E. required course work or wished that an inexpensive alternative existed? With this Summer P.E. course option, that is possible.
Taking advantage of this option allows for:
- flexibility to your student's schedule, because they can take an another academic course instead of P.E.,
- a more relaxed P.E. setting, and
- your student gets to do alternative physical challenges such as rock climbing, bowling, disc golf, weight training, and other outings as well.
Minimum 8 participants are needed to be able to offer this flexible option. Sign-ups are honored on a first-come-first-served basis.
Eligibility: Students entering 9th, 10th, 11th, or 12th grades
Time: Approximately 7 hours each day for 10 days
Cost: Varies each summer (non-refundable) - Field trip costs are included, but transportation (if not covered by parent and student drivers) an addition cost will be occurred. A transportation form will be sent home with each student.
Attire: See policies section below. School gym uniform and other appropriate attire as determined by Mr. Peters - ask before you wear.
Lunch: Packed lunch is required each day. Students are not permitted to leave campus for lunch. Bring a healthy snack and drink. Chocolate milk is a great drink, as well as sports drinks. No pop or energy drinks (ex. Red Bull or Monster) are permitted. Breaks will be built into class time as needed.
Typical Day: See this for an example.
Classroom Policies: Read the policies section below.
2017 Summer P.E. Details
Registration: Begins now and ends May 19
- Registration forms and class fee must be turned in to the office or Mr. Peters to reserve your spot on the class roster. This fee will be non-refundable once registered.
- Cost: See details sheet below (non-refundable) - Field trip locations and dates may change (depending on weather and other circumstances beyond our control). Field trip costs are included, but transportation (if not covered by parent and student drivers) an addition cost will be occurred. A transportation form will be sent home with each student.
- There must be a minimum number of 8 students to offer the class, and a maximum of 20 students will be allowed to register for the class.
- A waiting list will then be created for those desiring to register once the maximum is met.
Sessions: June 19 through June 30, 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
(Monday through Fridays only)
Details Sheet and Registration Form
(Click here for printable PDF version.)
Please see other forms below. These will be required once you are registered.
Summer Contact Info Form
(Click for printable PDF.)
Summer P.E. Classroom Policies
- Class adapts due to weather or other non-planned events. Breaks will be built into class time as needed.
- Students will receive grades for participation, quizzes and attitude (willingness to try).
- Missed time will affect a student's grade. For every half day missed, the student will lose half a letter grade.
- All students are required to wear Cincinnati Christian Schools’ Physical Education proper athletic attire or other appropriate attire (ask before you wear). Gym shoes are required; no sandals, slides, or any non-athletic shoe is acceptable. Dress and participation is a very important aspect of physical education. The following guidelines have been set to ensure each student meets the requirements of participation as needed: for each half day missed your grade will be lowered by one letter grade.
- Registration forms and class fee must be turned in to the office or Mr. Ken Peters to reserve your student’s spot on the class roster. There must be a minimum number of 8 students to offer the class, and a maximum of 20 students will be allowed to register. A waiting list will then be created for those desiring to register.
- Field trip locations and dates will be confirmed later. Field trip costs are not covered, but will be kept to a minimum ($5-$10) - to help cover expenses and transportation cost if a bus is necessary. A transportation form will be sent home with each student
- Questions may be directed to Mr. Ken Peters at (513) 892-8500 or via email. This course is only offered to Cincinnati Christian Schools students.