Film Club Meetings - begin March 14th
Annex 4 (Mr. Ben Gillens room)
Our Film Club is designed to help students who have an interest in shooting film, editing film, or simply learning about aspects of film. This club will be facilitated by Mr. Ben Gillens and Miss Ann Schroeder and will incorporate guest speakers who have professional experience in film making and developing.
Night 1: (Mondays: 3:15-4:30) Students will collaborate in groups to create and grow in the area of film.
Night 2: (Thursdays: 5:00-6:30) A professional with experience in film will come to speak to members of the film club.
Short Film Contest
- What - CCS’s first short film competition
- Theme of this short film contest - Unity
- Students can start working on their film projects for the contest at the beginning of the school year. All filming will be done on students’ own time. Editing may be done during film club sessions or on students’ own time.
- Who - All junior and senior high school students may enter. (You do not have to attend film club to participate.)
- Selections due by April 14th.
- Contest results presented publicly - Saturday, April 29th, 5-8:00 p.m. at the CCS Film Festival.
CCS Film Festival
- Saturday, April 29th, 5-8:00 p.m., JH/SH campus chapel
- How much - $20 entry fee
Film Club Movie Nights
Film Club will be hosting a monthly movie night on the third Friday of each month in Room 1060.
- Targeting the third Friday of each month (with some flexibility for school events, holidays and sporting events)
- We will have a 5:00-9:00 p.m. time frame with time for dinner and a movie.
- Students should expect to bring $5-$10 for dinner (ordering delivery from a local restaurant) if they would like to eat at the school.
- Popcorn will be provided.
- Each month, a link to a movie review will be provided through the VIP report if parents would like to check out ratings and reviews of that month's movie.