Alternative P.E. Option
Cincinnati Christian Schools allows a student to earn required Physical Education credits through participation on a CCS sports team. This option to earn credit is only applicable in cases for which a student is in need of the P.E. credits necessary to meet graduation requirements.
- can only be used one time towards high school graduation requirements,
- cannot be used by a Senior, and
- is not an option for students who have already obtained the required ½ credit of P.E.
To receive ¼ credit of Physical Education, the student must meet the following requirements:
- Be enrolled at CCS as a full-time or satellite student. (Note: Menu students are not eligible for this option.)
- Be a member of a CCS-sponsored athletic team or be involved in an alternative organized athletic activity approved by the CCS Principal.
- Participate in 60 hours of physical activity related to the athletic team. This physical activity may include conditioning, practicing, or playing in a game. These hours should be logged on the CCS form for Alternative P.E., and must be verified by the coach with his/her signature.
- Must complete with written responses to the 6 questions found in the Alternative P.E. packet.
- Give a presentation to a panel of CCS staff that demonstrates and explains your activity.
It is the student’s responsibility to complete the work in a timely and appropriate fashion in order to earn the credit. There will be no reminder or follow up from a teacher regarding Alternative P.E. work. LATE WORK WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED, AND WILL RESULT IN NO CREDIT.
If interested in the Alternative P.E. option, please complete the "Alternative P.E. Letter of Intent," and turn it in to the Guidance Office by the appropriate signup deadline (listed below).
- Fall Sport Sign-Up Deadline: September 12, 2016
- Winter Sport Sign-Up Deadline: December 12, 2016
- Spring Sport Sign-Up Deadline: March 13, 2017
Alternative P.E. Work Requirement Deadlines
At the end of the season of the sport in which the student is participating, all forms (the log of hours, the questionnaire, the evaluation of presentation) must be turned in to the Guidance Office by the date assigned to the season of the sport.
- Fall Sport Turn-In Deadline: November 14, 2016
- Winter Sport Turn-In Deadline: March 3, 2017
- Spring Sport Turn-In Deadline: May 12, 2017