ACSI District Spelling Bee
Cincinnati Christian Schools Junior/Senior High Campus
(7474 Morris Rd., Fairfield, Ohio 45011)
January 13 JANUARY 20, 2018, 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. (rescheduled due to inclement weather)
(Make-up Date: Saturday, January 20, 2018, 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.)
In Case of Inclement Weather:
Please watch your local news and/or call Mrs. Rice at 513-739-7423.
Spelling Bee Chairperson: Courtney Rice
Welcome! Cincinnati Christian Schools is delighted to host the ACSI District Spelling Bee for our area. We are looking forward to a great morning of academic competition. Please let us know if there is any way we can assist you.
Parents' Important Notes:
- Each grade level contest is held in a classroom that is obviously limited in space. This means that only ONE ADULT guest per student is allowed into the room.
- If students make it to the final spelldown for 5th - 8th grades, more guests are permitted, as this contest takes place in the Chapel, a much larger space.
- Cameras/camcorders are permitted during the practice round only.
- Audio recording of any kind is prohibited.
- Pagers and cell phones should be turned off in competition rooms.
- CCS will provide individual name tags for students and judges. They will be organized by school and will be available at the registration tables.
- CCS will also provide personalized certificates for each participating student.
Schedule for the Day
- 8:00 a.m. - Judges' Arrival (Athletic Lobby) and Judges’ Orientation Meeting (Diner)
- 8:30 a.m. - Student Arrival and Registration (Athletic Lobby
- 9:00 a.m. - Opening Assembly (Chapel)
- 9:15 a.m. - Judges need to be in their rooms to prepare for the students.
- 9:30 a.m. - Grade Level Contests (See list below for location.)
- 11:00 a.m. - Final spelldown - top four students grades 5-8 (Chapel)
- 11:45 a.m. - Awards Program
- 12:00 p.m. - Dismissal
- Room 103--1st grade
- Room 105--2nd grade
- Room 301--3rd grade
- Room 104--4th grade
- Room 102--5th grade
- Annex 1--6th grade
- Annex 4--7th grade
- Room 106--8th grade
- Mrs. Rice needs coordination help throughout the process, beginning in November.
- Day before the event, help is needed to setup each room. (Usually requires just moving chairs around and hanging signs around the building.)
- Day of the event help could be any of the following:
- registration and/or sign-in
- judge (A few judges are needed per room during early competitions, each with different responsibilities.)
- guides, helping to make sure participants and parents know where to go