Please read below to learn more about the curriculum of the Elementary Campus.
- Reading: 1st to 3rd Grades, Houghton Mifflin-this program exposes the students to a phonics based curriculum that showcases good literature. The integrated curricular approach allows for the students to see the “reasons” for the reading/writing process.
- Reading: 4th to 6th Grades - the intermediate Reading classes use trade novels that align with content areas (Social Studies or Science).
- Language Arts: 1st to 6th Grades, Shurley English-students learn the parts of language through the use of jingles.
- Writing: 1st to 6th Grades-the students have a writing portfolio filled with required pieces. Students are taught writing techniques using the 4 Square Writing Method and 6 + 1 Traits Writing.
- Mathematics: Kindergarten to 6th Grade, Houghton Mifflin
- Science: McGraw Hill, This provides in-depth information on a variety of sciences related topics.
- Social Studies: Houghton Mifflin-students are provided with opportunities to study our nation’s history and various cultures from a biblical perspective.
- Kindergarten to 3rd Grade, Purposeful Design (ACSI)
- 4th Grade, Answers in Genesis
- 5th Grade, Positive Action- Route 66: This study is designed to provide that introduction to basic knowledge of the Word of God and prepare students for the rich truths of Scripture.
- 6th Grade, Positive Action-Life of Christ: The purpose of The Life of Christ from the Gospel of John is to make Jesus Christ real to our students. Our hope as they journey through this students will not only know Jesus more, but also love Him more.