Culture and Diversity Council
One person at a time...
One difference at a time...
"Fostering an environment of understanding and appreciation for the differences in
ALL God's children."
CDC Mission Statement
The mission of the CCS Culture and Diversity Council is to be a shining example for Christ and positively impact lives by promoting an environment at CCS where all people feel empowered, respected, and valued. The Council will act in an advisory role to the CCS administration in order to foster an environment of understanding and appreciation for the differences in All God’s children.
CDC Vision Statement
The CCS Culture & Diversity Council’s vision is to continually promote and advocate for a Christ-centered environment that is inviting, welcoming and supportive of students, parents, faculty, and administration members of all diverse back,grounds and cultures that love Jesus Christ and acknowledge Him as their Lord and Savior. We are committed to embracing the unique backgrounds, talents and contributions of all diverse groups that are reflective of our school community and their importance in helping us achieve the overall CCS mission. We believe that there is enormous strength in our collective differences.
Foundational Bible Verse
“Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another; not lagging in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord: rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer; distributing to the needs of the saints, given to hospitality.” (NKJV) Romans 12:10-13
CDC Goals & Objectives
- Committed to the successful accomplishment of the mission of CCS
- Promote an environment at CCS where all students, faculty, staff and parents feel respected, empowered, and valued regardless of their ethnicity, gender, race, physical ability, mental ability, or background
- Develop cultural and diversity resources, strategies, and ideas that are designed to enlighten, equip, and educate the CCS student, parents, faculty, staff and administration from an intentional biblical perspective
- Develop a strategic plan for diversity with goals to encourage increased recruitment and retention of diverse faculty, staff, and students
- Offer diversity education and training opportunities for CCS faculty and staff members.
- Promote an environment where all students, faculty, staff and parents feel safe to raise culture and diversity issues and concerns with confidence that they will be respectfully heard and responsibly dealt with in accordance with God’s Word
- Serve as a medium of communication on diversity issues between and among both CCS campuses
- Sponsor programs and activities which increase culture and diversity awareness
- Engage CCS students in an open, supportive, and responsive environment
- Use teaching and learning strategies to reflect culture and diversity inclusion
- Offer curriculum and/or class assignments that reflects a multicultural global society
- Plan events and multi-cultural programs that promote diversity at both CCS campuses
- Identify and implement best practices in culture and diversity awareness
- Use surveys to assess the school cultural climate and recommend changes for improvement
- Seek partnerships with other schools and organizations to improve culture and diversity awareness at CCS
How to Join, Get Involved, or Stay Updated on the Council’s Activities
If you would like more information, are interested in getting involved, or joining the CCS Culture & Diversity Council, please fill out the CCS Culture & Diversity Application Form (below) &/or contact Mrs. Kim Stone (JH/SH Campus Principal) at (513) 892-8500, x1020 or via email. For CCS students, staff, and parents, the CDC has a PowerSchool page located in the “Extras” tab. Please visit the CDC page often to find perspectives and resources that align with a Biblical worldview. There is an “Ask the Council” dropbox, where questions can be posed to the Council concerning a diversity-related issue, as well as the group’s charter, and valuable resources for all to read and use.
Student Culture & Diversity Council
CCS is so proud of its students! The Student CDC consists of approximately 16 senior high students that meet regularly with Mrs. Stone as their group leader. The purpose of this group is to promote communication and understanding among students of varying backgrounds and ethnicities, discuss any culture and diversity issues affecting our community and nation, give input to Mrs. Stone regarding any issues that affect CCS, and sponsor activities for the group and for the school body at large.