What is 21st Century Education?
Cincinnati Christian Schools is living out its purpose everyday by providing an extraordinary learning environment in partnership with our Christian families; teaching and encouraging our students to serve Christ in all they do in order to impact their culture in which they live.
At the heart of 21st century Christian education is our belief that every child, having the powerful tools available through technology, makes learning relevant and centered on his or her individual needs and learning style, preparing them as critical thinkers, creative in their work and collaborative for 21st century employment and leadership roles.
Furthermore we incorporate numerous themes and elements from mainstream educational best practices and blend them with our core Christian values and beliefs.
Of those mainstream best practices we firmly share in what the Center for 21st Century Skills at Education Connection has titled Six Critical Skills That Form the Foundation for 21st Century Success.
- Information Literacy - Appropriate applied research to any given challenge. The ability to find useful and reliable information.
- Creativity & Innovation - Exploration of imagination. Refining and improving original ideas.
- Collaboration - Working together to share, advocate, and compromise on issues critical to teams success.
- Problem Solving - Experimentation of new and familiar concepts while processing information until a viable solution is reached.
- Communication - The ability to properly read, write, present, and comprehend ideas between a variety of mediums and audiences.
- Responsible Citizenship - Demonstration of proper technology use, global awareness, and moral capacity in and outside of the classroom.