Philosophy of Education
Cincinnati Christian Schools exists to glorify God through a rigorous Pre-K through 12th grade Christian educational program that partners with parents in the wise biblical exhortation to "train up a child in the way they should go (Proverbs 22:6; Deuteronomy. 6:6-7)." The school will provide a Christ-centered experience that is faithful to the premise that all areas of learning must be taught from a Christian worldview.
As the "foundation of all wisdom and understanding (Proverbs 2:1-9)," the Bible provides the basis for interpreting every subject and school activity. When students grasp and believe the biblical Truth, the world that they experience opens up in a glorious way to reveal the Creator as the one and only true God of the universe. The educational process is one opportunity the Holy Spirit uses to bring students into a deepened personal faith in Jesus Christ and to train them to serve Christ in whatever path they may take in life. Students learn biblical principles and understand God's design for the spiritual, mental, emotional, physical, and social aspects of their lives. Prayer during school encourages communion with God in their daily walk with Him.
The Educational Program of the school is designed to provide a quality Christian education for students who meet the admission standards set by Administration and approved by the Board of Directors.
The Foundational Objective of Cincinnati Christian Schools is to educate each student at the highest academic level and to prepare them to: reach their personal goals, encourage the use of the gifts and talents that our Lord has provided them, and instill in every student the biblical truth, wisdom, and knowledge that enables them to pursue a life-long personal relationship with our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
Other objectives are:
- To teach the Bible as the inspired, authoritative Word of God and assist students in applying biblical principles to every aspect of life (Colossians 1:28,29).
- To help each student develop a mature Christian lifestyle that is distinct in thought, word, and action.
- To promote physical fitness, good health habits, and wise care of the body as the temple of God.
- To encourage an accurate self-image that students are valued and loved by God.
- To instill a desire to assist each student to more fully develop their unique, God-given talents and interests.
- To demonstrate to our students the value and necessity of becoming a life-long learner.
- To ignite within each student the civic responsibility that springs from a love of country, an appreciation for our American heritage, and a proper understanding that the liberties guaranteed in our Declaration of Independence and Constitution have been "endowed to us by our Creator" alone.