Philosophy of Education
Cincinnati Christian Schools exists to glorify God through a rigorous pre-K through 12 grade Christian educational program. The school’s purpose is to partner with Christian parents in the wise Biblical exhortation to “train up a child in the way they should go” (Proverbs 22:6; Deut. 6:6-7). Working together with parents and the church, the school will provide a Christ-centered experience that is faithful to the premise that all areas of learning must be taught from a Christian worldview.
As the “foundation of all wisdom and understanding” (Proverbs 2:1-9), the Bible provides the basis for interpreting every subject and school activity. When students grasp and believe the biblical Truth, the world that they experience opens up in a glorious way to reveal the Creator as the one and only true God of the universe. The educational process is one opportunity the Holy Spirit uses to bring the student to a deepened personal faith in Jesus Christ and to train him/her to serve Christ in whatever path he/she may take in life. The student learns biblical principles so he/she will understand God’s design for the spiritual, mental, emotional, physical, and social aspects of his/her life. Prayer during school encourages communion with God, letting Him know of our praise, petitions, and thanksgiving in our daily personal walk with Him.
THE EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM of the School is designed to provide a quality Christian education for students who meet the admission standards set by Administration and approved by the Board of Directors.
THE FOUNDATIONAL OBJECTIVE of Cincinnati Christian Schools is to educate each student at the highest academic level to prepare them: to reach their personal goals; to understand and use the gifts and talents of our Lord has provided to them; and to instill in them the biblical truth, wisdom, and knowledge that sparks a love of and devotion to our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ and promotes a life-long personal relationship with Him.
Other objectives are:
- To teach the Bible as the inspired, authoritative Word of God and assist students in applying biblical principles to every aspect of life, leading them toward maturity in Christ (Colossians 1:28-29).
- To help each student develop a mature Christian lifestyle that is distinct in thought, word, and action.
- To promote physical fitness, good health habits, and wise care of the body as the temple of God.
- To encourage accurate self-image and instill a desire in each student to fully develop their unique God-given talents and interests.
- To demonstrate to our students the value and necessity of becoming a life-long learner.
- To ignite within each student the civic responsibility that springs from a love of country, an appreciation for our American heritage, and a proper understanding that the liberties guaranteed in our Declaration of Independence and Constitution have been “endowed to us by our Creator” alone.